Monday, November 2, 2015

Monthly Favorites | October 2015



It is as if I just blinked and the whole month of October just went by.
Hello everybody welcome back to my favorite post every month and it is my monthly favorites. Today I will round up all the products or things that I've been using and loving for the whole month of October. If you are a regular reader of my blog, you would know that I became a tad festive with my look this past Halloween party so most of the products that I used there will be mentioned here.





Chromastix Hair Chalk Intense 
P99 (2.12 USD) from SM Depatment store at SM Megamall
I actually didn't think that this would come out so intense on my hair (my hair is bleached so maybe that's why) but it did and what I did was I just sprayed my hair with water and rub the chalk on that section and then sealed it with my hair straightener. It does leave my hair a bit dry looking and not smooth and it has been 5 days at the moment (when I made this) after the Halloween Party and I still have some hint of pink and blue on my hair. So if you're looking for one that would last you for awhile, this one is the best way to go plus it's pretty cheap, it comes with 6 colors: Dark blue (although it came out as a sky blue color on my hair), yellow, purple, pink, orange and red. 

Note: The Chromastix with applicator didn't work that well for me, I don't know if it's because I use it too hard but the chalk that was in it kept sinking. And these individual sized chalks aren't refillers for them. 





Rucy's Vanity Gleamy Lavish Waterproof Mascara in Black

P180 (3.85 USD) *this was sent to me but you can view it on their website.
I kinda side step every time Mascara is the topic of a conversation because I really hate the fact that most mascaras are expensive but you could actually just use it for 2-3 months before it expires and I always have to buy the expensive ones because none of the cheaper alternatives work for me, that is, until I used this product. It is super cheap and my eye lashes easily curled without even using an eyelash curler. For a more in depth review, click HERE.




Daddy O Purple Shampoo

P325 (6.95 USD) from Lush
If you've seen some of my photos for awhile, you would know that I have bleached my hair a couple of times, ombre / balayage style. I bought this a month ago and have been using it once or twice a week as my shampoo and my blonde hair became shinier and less brassy looking. I think that the only downside of this shampoo (at least for me) is that it left my hair feeling a little dry so I would recommend still using a conditioner and a hair mask after this. I only bought the smallest size since I wanted to test it out first and so far so good and I'll have to purchase a bigger one next time because for sure, I won't be having a hair cut anytime soon and my hair is hella thick so this small size would only last me for a short time.




Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Intense Black

P745 (16.03 USD) from Rustan's Shangri-la
I made a whole review of this product so if you would wanna read that click HERE but this is actually the eyeliner that I used to draw the cobweb on my eyes last Halloween party and it never faded even as I was sweating my way to the night. 




Color My Brows in #6

P498 (10.90 USD) from Etude House
I actually featured this product before if I'm not wrong but that was the smaller size and the number was #2 and I remember that I kept complaining that I finished up 1 little tube so quickly so I always end up buying more of it. When I saw that they had this one, I immediately asked if the colors are the same, did some swatches and just purchased it because now I don't have to complain of finishing one little tube too fast because this is a bigger sized one and if I do, then it is me who has the problem and not the product. (haha!). Anyway, holy grail eyebrow gel so if you get the chance to test it out, please do, you'll love the color selections and how it stays onto your brows for the rest of the day.




Nichido Tru Lashes Eyelash Adhesive

P60 (1.31 USD) from SM Department Store
I'm not really that familiar with eyelash adhesives but this certainly didn't disappoint me. I used this glue for my fake lashes during the Halloween party and I didn't have to worry about it falling off or moving around because it really just stays in place. Easy to apply and to take off so if you're finding a good eyelash adhesive, try this one out.




Real Natura Organics Soft Matte Lip Gem in Caramel Glaze

P659 (14.42 USD) *this was sent to me but you can find them on Instagram @realnaturaorganics
I've been noticing that I've picked this lipstick up more than usual these past few weeks. Totally a comfortable shade to wear for everyday. You could see more of my swatches and review on the other shades here to compare. Plus, it's organic, you gotta love cruelty free products right?


So those are the beauty products, now let's talk about some random favorites like.. you know, clothing pieces and hobbies stuff?





Super Skinny Ankle Jeans

Original Price P1690 (36.37 USD) but I got it for P700 (15.06 USD) at H&M
I'm usually more of a jean shorts kind of girl but I guess these pants are an exception. Ever since I bought it, I've been wearing it every time me and my brother go out that it is unreal. My jean shorts are being neglected at this point and I'm kinda leaning on the comfy + fashionable jeans life.




Bad Girls Don't Die by: Katie Alender

Last Halloween, I did a series post so if you haven't checked that out then please do because some of the posts there I recommended some of my Halloween movies, DIY, books etc. and one of the things I loved the most from there is this book and I admit that if I didn't have a friend recommend this to me, I would never dare pick it up because of it's cover. Once you're reading it, it does get a bit spooky but not too overwhelming since the author did keep a right amount of balance into the story. So if you wanna read more of my review about this and other books that have the same spooky factor click HERE.

Playlist

I made a compilation or playlist of songs that I played over and over again during October and hope that you would like it too!




So those have been my October favorites and I hope that you have found this useful and comment down below if you tried or liked anything in here and how it worked for you. I'm also open for suggestions so if you have any recommendations for me to try out, please don't hesitate to tell me.






4 comments:

  1. the stila eyeliner is one of my faves and i love tove lo as well :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go back and forth between that Stila eyeliner and the KVD Tattoo! Soooo good :)
    -Miran
    http://www.em-edition.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh I've been hearing about the Kat Von D but I never get the chance to try them. Must be really good. Probably when I fancy a new eyeliner I'll see to it I get that one.

      Delete

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Joycentricity © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.