Saturday, August 8, 2015

Things I've learned since turning 21!



It was my birthday last August 5th and now I am officially 21 years old! Oh my gosh how time flies. Anyway, here is a list of 21 things that I learned the easy way and the hard way within the years of my life. 


  1. The "cliches" are cliches because they actually work.
  2. In any form of relationship, the best way to maintain it is for both parties to learn to feel for 2 people rather than just themselves.
  3. There is nothing wrong with spending money on things that you like as long as you could afford it.
  4. Listen to your gut. If you're feeling uneasy about a situation, then you're probably right. 
  5. Some of the things you learn from high school really doesn't prepare you from what to expect once you've reached the legal age.
  6. Not everybody will be your friend for a long time.
  7. Being bullied in school isn't the end. 
  8. Do what you think is right today, the rest will just have to follow. Take one step at a time.
  9. Express yourself as much as you can as long as you're not violating any rules or hurting anyone. It helps us become comfortable and confident with ourselves.
  10. There is nothing wrong with making sure about your decisions. Ask questions about anything you'd wanna know before making that final decision.
  11. It is fine to say no to something you really don't wanna do.
  12. Everyone would always have an opinion towards you, good and bad, it's just best if you not care at all and live how you want to.
  13. Know your worth, do not settle for less.
  14. Sometimes, other people around you does have good intentions. Just take the time to really get to know them.
  15. Be grateful for what you have today rather than missing it once its gone.
  16. It's easy to say anything about or to someone, but remember that you can never take it back.
  17. Every once in awhile, we will have a really hard day and it's okay to let the people around you know that.
  18. We aren't alone in everything, there is always somebody out there going through the same thing.
  19. Money is very important but making time to be with the people you love is much more meaningful.
  20. Do not have high expectations if you do not plan on getting disappointed.
  21. Being the underdog doesn't mean anything, if you are good enough to be in the competition, then you also have a good chance of winning. 

So those have been the important things that I remember and still live by and some of the things you should consider too. Most of these are advice from people I come across with and some of them I learned the hard way. When I was really young I just always thought that life isn't that hard after reading books that I thought would prepare me mentally and emotionally. Sadly, there really isn't a guide or a manual in life. Having to grow up faster than what should be was probably the shock of my life. I think no one could really fully prepare you on what life has to bring, I know that it took me awhile to get over my shock and just keep going and learn to ask questions if I really don't know what to do. Then, once I kind of got the hang of it, I learned some more ways to improve my strengths and work with my weaknesses. I'm not saying I understand life to its fullest, I'm saying that as long as I manage to smile just once through a very rough situation, I know that I'll be okay. 

Thanks for reading and until the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Joycentricity © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.