Friday, May 22, 2015

Review: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream





Aloha lovely, I am here again to review 2 of my NYX soft matte lip cream colors on how do they look, feel and does it apply well on my lips. Anyway, before I bought these two I actually went online to read reviews about them. The ones that have tried this have split in half so let's see which side I'm gonna be on.


The colors that I currently have as of today are "Istanbul" and "Abu Dhabi". I actually purchased Istanbul first because before that, I purchased a Matte lipstick from NYX also. It was in the color Butter Beurre. Although, I liked that one, my mother told me I should go lighter next time since she thinks I'm too young to experiment with those darker colors. So I took her advice and when I tried the Istanbul, at first I was abit skeptical about it since it looked abit too strong so I told the saleslady that was assisting me that I'll be back and see how it is while I'm going about. I actually love how it looked throughout the day and decided to purchase it when I came back. I purchased the Abu Dhabi next when I visited their shop because I wanted the nude look and I never really tried that color on me on any other brands too.






Item Description: Neither lipstick nor lip gloss, this matte lip cream is a new kind of lip color that goes on silky smooth and sets to a matte finish. Soft matte lip cream is surprisingly durable and, unlike some matte lipstick formulas, also moisturizing.

Price: I lost the receipt but I think that the price is P390 and I bought mine at SM Megamall.



What I think of this product?:



I love the colors. You might think that the Istanbul color may be abit too strong but when you want to wear minimal makeup but still stand out, then this color is great. For Abu Dhabi, I like this one too but I guess its not really the color I was looking for. It looked great when I was testing it, but after a few days of wearing this, I wanted something abit more lighter or "nude-r". 

Swatching it on my hands, you could see that with only 1 stroke of each, the color is very opaque / pigmented and I do only need to apply 1 coating on my lips. 



Abu Dhabi
Istanbul
About the texture of it, this is what I'm not a fan of actually, since it does dry out my lips (especially visible on the Istanbul color) and leave out some lines on the lips too. What I did do is apply a little more lip balm before I apply this, and be sure that the lipbalm I use is colorless because I did try my cherry chapstick before this and the color wasn't that good. 


Using the Abu Dhabi color.

For how long does it stay, or how fast it comes off, when I eat, it does fade a little bit but the color is still there. But of course, having dry lips it does leave patches. If I wanted to reapply, then I would have to clean up my lips first and do the lip balm first step. But if I was just walking around, doing some grocery shopping or shopping in general, its pretty good. It lasts quite long with just the color fading abit.

Will I repurchase? Honestly, I think I just wanna finish these two off and try some other products. I don't think matte is for me until I get my lips hydrated or get it "un-chapped". I think this will be good for those who don't have chapped lips and who loves matte finish.





Using the Istanbul color.



That's all for this review guys and hope that this has helped you for your insights on this product.
Do +1 or comment about your experience and what color you tried out or suggest me products that you think is the same but may be better. 

Thanks for the read, until the next blog 
Joyce

Ps: I'm sorry, my camera just doesn't do justice for the colors. 





Wanna see the products I emptied out this month? Click HERE
Or do you wanna know a little skin care, a.k.a. mask that I use and reviewed about? Click HERE


4 comments:

  1. I have not tried this brand but I would like to try this colours. They look nice :)
    http://mymakeuptrip.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Joycentricity © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.