Saturday, September 19, 2015

Book Haul






Me and my brother went to national bookstore this morning to pick up some paint brushes for my little project (will announce that soon) and we saw that they were having an 80% off warehouse sale on some books and stationary products. So I picked out 3 of my books, all YA. I'll just be adding the synopsis as their description and the price that I got them for.

Towering by: Alex Flinn

Original Price: P399 ($8.58 USD)
Price On Sale: P75 ($1.61 USD)





High in my tower I sit, I watch the birds fly below, the clouds float above, and the tall, green forest stretch to places I might never see.Mama, who isn't my mother, has kept me hidden away for many long years. My only companions, beside Mama, are my books-great adventures, mysteries, and romances that I long to make reality. But I know that no one will come to save me-my life is not a fairy tale after all.Well, at least no one has come so far. Recently, my hair has started to grow rapidly and it's now long enough to reach the bottom of the tower from my window. I've also has the strangest dreams of a beautiful, green-eyed man.When Mama isn't around, I plan my escape, even if it's just for a little while. There's something-maybe someone-waiting for me out there and it won't find me if I'm trapped here towering above it all.
DESCRIPTIONS WRITTEN ARE FROM THE BACKS OF THE BOOKS


Stolen Nights by: Rebecca Maizel (A Vampire Queen Novel)

Original Price: P465 ($10.00 USD)
Price On Sale: P100 ($2.15 USD)



Last year, the love of my life died performing a ritual to fulfill my one wish and make me human. And now I’ve performed the same ritual for my friend Vicken – and survived. Why am I here, back safe on Wickham campus?
The strong magic I used in the ritual did more than just make Vicken human. It drew someone to Lover’s Bay who does not belong here. She wants the ritual. Then she wants me dead. And she will take down any and everyone in my life to get what she wants.
As if that weren’t enough, the ritual has also summoned the anger of the Aeris, the four elements and most fundamental powers on earth. They have a surprise and an unbearable punishment for me – like stepping into the sun for the first time, only to be put into a cage. And now I have to make an impossible choice – between love or life, yearning or having, present or past… 


Rise by: Anna Carey (An Eve Novel)

Original Price: P349 ($7.50 USD)
Price on Sale: P75 ($1.61 USD)





How far will you go when you have nothing left to lose?
When she lost her soul mate, Caleb, Eve felt like her world had ended. Trapped in the palace, forced to play the part of the happy, patriotic princess of The New America—and the blushing bride of her father's top adviser—Eve's whole life is a lie. The only thing that keeps her going is Caleb's memory, and the revolution he started.
Now, Eve is taking over where Caleb left off. With the help of Moss, an undercover subversive in the King's court, she plots to take down The New America, beginning with the capital, the City of Sand. Will Eve be able to bring about a new, free world when she's called upon to perform the ultimate act of rebellion—killing her father?
In Rise, Eve must choose who to leave behind, who to save, and who to fight as Anna Carey's epic tale of romance and sacrifice in the chilling dystopia of The New America comes to a stunning conclusion.


So those are the books that I got and if you are looking for new books to read, do check out national bookstore when you get the time. Also, they are having another sale which is the 50% cut off price at September 21-30, on all national bookstore branches. Get ready to hoard my fellow bookworms!



No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Joycentricity © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.