Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Survival Guide To Instagram's New Algorithm: Posting Content





If you weren't aware of the news that's been around. It's Instagram's new algorithm wherein they will show the posts that Instagram thinks you "care about most" on top of your newsfeed or in other words, what Instagram thinks you should see first. If you wanna know more details about the changes click here.

Now I'm not here to lead you guys with a pitchfork in my hand and a torch on another, no (although I have a few thoughts about it below if you're interested). What I'm here to talk about is that being a blogger, business owner, artists or any social media influencer, this affects us. Why? Because if we don't have that much people who likes or comments on our posts, most likely our post will become buried. So here are some tips to Instagram's new algorithm, posting.

  • Socialize or engage.
So, this not only affects our posts but to who we follow as well. Make sure you comment and like people who are from the same niche as you, who you admire or basically who you love seeing posts from. This way, when Instagram algorithm kicks in, you won't have trouble being able to find each other.

  • #HASHTAGS are your friends.
This cannot be more stressed enough. Hashtags has had an important role ever since it existed since it helps other people who may or may not be following you be able to see your posts based on what they search for. Make sure you squeeze that in the description or caption of your photo or in the comments (that's what I do!).

  • Post good quality content.
If you have an Instagram theme or feed theme this will be easier for you. But if you don't then that's fine too as long as you post content that you'll find yourself liking if you weren't the one posting it. This way, other people would notice your feed and would be sure to follow and visit often to see your posts. 

  • Try to be consistent with your posts.
If you are now aware that you have followers who like and comment often, be sure to post some new content that they'd enjoy when they view your page or your post regularly. It gives them something new to engage to which helps a ton with this new algorithm. It's also something to help from getting your Instagram account from being buried.


  • Encourage your followers to turn on post notifications.
This works the same if you are following someone on twitter or Facebook that whenever somebody posts new stuff, you'll get notified by it. You can find the turn on notifications button on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen. Do take note that people don't enjoy their phone buzzing every time so remember to warn people about that issue too and do your part of not spamming.

  • Maintain.
Once you've done all of the above, it isn't over yet. You now need to work extra hard for that engagement to keep going if you want to remain seen. But don't stress yourself out, just do what you can and leave the rest to your followers. It really isn't that hard as long as you already know what you're doing. 


Some personal thoughts..

Let's try to remove myself from being a blogger or content creator, I am probably one of the most indecisive people in the world who will like makeup today and books tomorrow or maybe something out of the blue like exotic animals and I know I'm pretty vocal about what I like. Surely, I will have some trouble finding posts like that because my feed is filled with things I liked yesterday (or a month before but you get the point). I joined Instagram for the purpose to update and be updated which is what I basically do on the socializing on the internet which then got me confused because I thought the sole purpose to follow people is to see their posts because you actually like what they post? So I wasn't sure how I would react to this because it is an app I use every single day and my favorite type of social media.

Though Instagram promised to take baby steps and not surprise us with too much change on our feeds but I'm curious, what are your thoughts on this new Instagram algorithm? 

55 comments:

  1. Nice tips, dear ;)

    XX

    Mónica Sors

    MES VOYAGES À PARIS

    NEW POST: 70'S LOOK IN PARIS...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips :) I haven't been that involved in instagram as of yet. I can't really get the hang of it.

    Love, Eline | www.elinesreturnticket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Instagram is kind of complicated at first but maybe if you use it more often then you'll get used to it. :)

      Delete
  3. very interesting and helpful post! Great tips, hun!
    xxx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been very active on Instagram in ages so the update is kind of scaring me as I don't know whether I'm just going to get lost in the abyss!! These were great tips though and defo put my mind at ease :)

    Beth | Alphabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea being inactive really gets you kind of lost not by your own posts but also from the people you follow.

      Delete
  5. Maybe it sounds weird but I haven't had account on IT yet, but good to know about these changes anyway! :)

    Hope you had great Easter dear,
    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice tips .. btw my account of instagram is @lalouuula .. Follow me and follow you back =)

    xx LL

    www.lalouuula.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope this update doesn't go through, because I don't like it. Not all my friends are bloggers or get a lot of likes, but I still enjoy and value their posts and I want to see them. Also, I like seeing things when they were posted. Anyway, awesome tips my dear!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The changes haven't been in yet so this is just to prepare for the unexpected. :)

      Delete
  8. I am hopeful that content creation is really key here, and posts won't get buried because they "aren't popular enough" or what have you.

    These are great tips, though! Engaging with your audience + posting quality content is most def the goal!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is such a mess for this new Ig update! This post is very helpful and clear dear! Thank you! ^-^
    xoxo
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the tips!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read a notice yesterday by Instagram suggesting no changes are being made.. for now! You've written a fab post of tips though, so if the changes are ever implemented, I'll be sure to pop back here! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I heard about that too and I'm glad for now so this post would be here just to expect the unexpected :D

      Delete
  12. Amazing tips! I also made a similar post recently about this instagram update, totally coincidence, I guess everyone is just so worry about the new instagram update. x Amazing tips though

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea the new announcement really made IG lovers worked up. Will be checking your post too!

      Delete
  13. Great tips, very helpful post!

    http://tealattewithstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great tips for using instagram! I always have trouble staying consistent with new posts.

    Melanie | The Mel Division

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have too but yea it's something that I'll be practicing on especially when the new update comes.

      Delete
  15. Oooh great round up for Instagram! Personally, I'm starting to see the fun of Instagram because I have only been active for just a year or so. I think posting quality photos daily really does help keep your Instagram well and alive.

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does keep your feed alive and attractive :)

      Delete
  16. These are really good tips, using hashtags and engaging with others is really important. I am not a fan of the new Instagram algorithm, although I think it would be great to have this option as an alternative and then be able to choose ( a bit like the 'popular' and the 'new' Lookbook) section xx

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get what you're saying but yea we will have to see.

      Delete
  17. Really great tips, I am still getting my head around instagram so this is brilliant.

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    Beneath the Surface by Heidi Perks Book Review
    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. What wonderful tips,this new instagram thing could really affect bloggers and their followers and I think it's good to know how to handle it :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great tips!

    Thank you for visiting my blog! I have a new post up! xx

    http://eatandtraveltheworldwithfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really think the new algorithm is pointless! It was good as it was!!

    I wanted to drop by and say that I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check it out on my blog here: http://lina-khalifa.blogspot.com.eg/2016/04/the-liebster-award.html

    Hope you like the questions!
    Lina / lina-khalifa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't noticed too much of a difference in my usage, but I am bummed that I miss out on some posts from certain people and that I have to go to their account to see what they've been up to. Thanks for all the tips!

    be the plebeian

    ReplyDelete

  22. Great post!!! Love your blog,waiting for your next post!

    Have a lovely day :-)

    http://anatkoren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great tips for navigating the new instagram!
    Thanks for sharing

    What Raj Wants

    ReplyDelete
  24. Joyceee~ where'd you go? I miss your posts and videos!

    Arraday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the late reply, I'm back now and no plans on leaving again :D

      Delete
  25. Loved these tips, I'm aiming to put these in practice, as I'm not too good with my Instagram updates..

    Honestly, the update is not something I'm excited about. I enjoy the fact that the feed comes up from the most to least recent, as not only I like seeing what is going on right now, I generally see everything anyway, I always go back to the last post I've seen.. With the update I'm not sure I'll be able to do that anymore.. Hope somehow they change their minds about this.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for this post. I do not care actually about how my feed looks before because I am into what I am into. But this can really be useful! :D

    Myxilog

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm not a fan of the new algorithm to be honest, I wish Instagram would stop going through a mid life crisis and just go back to how it used to be!
    These new changes makes it so much harder to get 'seen' as a smaller growing blogger as well.

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such a great post dear! I could use this helpful tips and apply it on my IG as well. thank you for dropping by on my blog :) appreciate it a lot!

    xx
    Rica | www.sassycebuannachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great tips. Engaging and hashtags are so important. I don't like the update so far. Instagram was better when they weren't making a million changes.

    Xo,
    Miki
    http://mikialamode.com

    ReplyDelete

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Joycentricity © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.