Friday, December 11, 2015

Celebrating Christmas During Your Period || Blogmas # 10



Christmas is really the most wonderful time of the year and for me, as a lady,  one of the things that can totally ruin my mood is my period. Seriously, I get that monthly time where I do not wanna be bothered at all and I'm always on edge and it happens before and during my period which is a nightmare to me and everybody around me. But I swear, I got better at handling this through the years so I will share my tips on how to survive the holidays during your period.

  • Stock up on pain relievers.
Cramps are a total bitch not gonna lie. This is the thing that bothers me the most since it affects how I interact with people because there is just no way around it. The pain is like jumping up and down with it's arm flailing around to get your attention while you're busy doing something else. I don't usually take the pill but I heard people recommending advil though talk to someone who may assist you on this matter.
  • Keep heated water bottle nearby
Like what I said above, I don't take the pain relievers so I just rub a bottle with heated water on it around my abdomen and it really does help. 
  • Stay hydrated
During your period, you lose a lot of blood which makes you dehydrated. Keep water in check by drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day or when necessary. This also applies before and after your period. Just do it seriously, it's really good for you.
  • Make sure you have your essentials
You either use tampons or pads, either one make sure you have it with you + a spare. Make sure you have some tissues and plastic bags with you for cleaning up and even spare underwear. Just the basics that would be your best friend during the few days of that time of the month especially when you're out and about. 
  • Get yourself a period tracker app
If you are one to lose track of when you last had your period or when you'll most likely have it, then a little assistant would help wonders. I personally use the Period tracker from the apple store. It's free and other than tracking the days of my period, it also indicates the days you'll be fertile or ovulating which I'm sure would be helpful to some people.
  • Wear comfortable clothing
Especially on your abdomen area. Adding extra pressure on your body does not help with the flow at all so try and wear comfortable pieces of clothing because these are the days that you would feel bloated (also considering you'll probably eating a lot at the Christmas table).  

Just do what you need to do, know what are your body's needs and make sure it'll be taken care of because at the end of the day, Christmas is to be celebrated with love and care with the people around you and it only comes once a year. You'll have more months to come to act however after *wink wink*. Kidding aside, I hope you have a Merry Christmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Joycentricity © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.