We have several reasons why we wear makeup all the time.It is annoying when people judge women / men who wears makeup, saying it's false advertisement, or concluding that they don't look good at all without it. Well, here are 5 reasons why we actually think that makeup is awesome and why we are happy about it and may not be for the reason you may think:
- Boosts Self-confidence. Had one of those days where you'll have an annoying pimple on your face? Or if your eyes feel or look puffy? Well, makeup is a life saver in these situations. It helps cover up our insecurities and at the same time enhancing our natural features.
- Therapy. It is just those days where you would wanna pay attention to yourself a little longer than usual. Just sitting down and allowing yourself to look and feel every detail on your face and testing ways that works and looks great on you. It is also a way of getting to know yourself even more.
- Looking Pretty Of course. This is the main reason why we love makeup, it is there for us to look nicer for special events or everyday when we feel like it because it is mainly for ourselves, and since it is there for our use, why not make the most out of it?
- Expressing oneself. We choose our favorite colors or how we want everything we do to just go together, it is a reflection of how we see ourselves from the inside. Its just being able to do the look that you want that you imagine in your head and put it onto your face, it is very satisfying when you achieve it.
- Being in control. If you don't like it, you could always take it off and redo it again, that's the joy of it! It isn't permanent and we can choose to change it up to however we want it to be. You are free to do what you wish, you decide what looks and feels great on you, and I can't even express more how good and reassuring that is.
In the end, wearing makeup should make you feel happy and not the other way around. Don't be ashamed of liking and enjoying something that some people may frown upon. As long as you aren't hurting anyone (including yourself) to look and feel beautiful, then you should lift your chin up because you are your own masterpiece.